Welcome to 21 University! We are a subscription service that provides our members with access to speeches, interviews, and other content streamed over the Internet to certain Internet-connected TV’s, computers and other devices.
These Terms of Service govern your use of our service. As used in these Terms of Service, “21 University service,” “our service” or “the service” means the service provided by 21 University for discovering and watching speeches and interview, including all features and functionalities, website, and user interfaces, as well as all content and software associated with our service.
If you are a resident of the United States (including its possessions and territories), you agree to the Arbitration Agreement and class action waiver described in Section 15 to resolve any disputes with 21 University (except for matters that may be taken to small claims court).
4. Communication Preferences: By using the 21 University service, you consent to receiving electronic communications from 21 University relating to your account. These communications may involve sending emails to your email address provided during registration, or posting communications on the 21 University service, or in the “Your Account” page and will include notices about your account (e.g., payment authorizations, change in password or Payment Method, confirmation e-mails and other transactional information) and are part of your relationship with 21 University. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing. You should maintain copies of electronic communications by printing a paper copy or saving an electronic copy. You also consent to receiving certain other communications from us, such as newsletters about new 21 University features and content, special offers, promotional announcements and customer surveys via email or other methods. 21 University is permitted to send emails to your email address unless you otherwise opt out or unsubscribe.
5. Membership, Free Trials, Billing and Cancellation
- Ongoing Membership. Your 21 University membership, which may start with a free trial, will continue month-to-month unless and until you cancel your membership or we terminate it. You must have Internet access and provide us with a current, valid, accepted method of payment to use the 21 University service. We will bill the monthly membership fee to your Payment Method. You must cancel your membership before it renews each month in order to avoid billing of the next month’s membership fees to your Payment Method.
- Differing Memberships. We may offer a number of membership plans, including special promotional plans or memberships with differing conditions and limitations. Any materially different terms from those described in these Terms of Service will be disclosed at your sign-up or in other communications made available to you. Some promotional memberships are offered by third parties in conjunction with the provision of their own products and services. We are not responsible for the products and services provided by such third parties. We reserve the right to modify, terminate or otherwise amend our offered membership plans.
- Your 21 University membership may start with a free trial. The free trial period of your membership is specified during sign-up. For combinations with other offers, restrictions may apply. Free trials are for 21 Convention 2014 Alumni only and is only valid until the download pack is available. 21 University reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to determine your free trial eligibility.
- Your trial may also start at the cost of $1. Please note that this is only for the designated 30-day trial period. It is only available for first time members. You cannot use the $1 trial more than once. If you are caught, you will be banned permanently from 21 University.
- Recurring Billing. By starting your 21 University membership and providing or designating a Payment Method, you authorize us to charge you a monthly membership fee at the then current rate, and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the 21 University service to your Payment Method. You acknowledge that the amount billed each month may vary from month to month for reasons that may include differing amounts due to promotional offers, including gift card redemption and promotional code redemption, and/or changing or adding a plan, and you authorize us to charge your Payment Method for such varying amounts, which may be billed monthly in one or more charges.
- Price Changes. We reserve the right to adjust pricing for our service or any components thereof in any manner and at any time as we may determine in our sole and absolute discretion. Except as otherwise expressly provided for in these Terms of Service, any price changes to your service will take effect following email notice to you.
- Billing Cycle. The membership fee for our service will be billed at the beginning of the paying portion of your membership and each month thereafter unless and until you cancel your membership. We automatically bill your Payment Method each month on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of your paying membership. Membership fees are fully earned upon payment. We reserve the right to change the timing of our billing, in particular, as indicated below, if your Payment Method has not successfully settled. In the event your paying membership began on a day not contained in a given month, we may bill your Payment Method on a day in the applicable month or such other day as we deem appropriate. For example, if you started your 21 University membership or became a paying member on January 31st, your next payment date is likely to be February 28th, and your Payment Method would be billed on that date. Your renewal date may change due to changes in your Membership. We may authorize your Payment Method in anticipation of membership or service-related charges. As used in these Terms of Service, “billing” shall indicate a charge, debit or other payment clearance, as applicable, against your Payment Method. Unless otherwise stated differently, month or monthly refers to your billing cycle.
- No Refunds. PAYMENTS ARE NONREFUNDABLE AND THERE ARE NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR PARTIALLY USED PERIODS. Following any cancellation, however, you will continue to have access to the service through the end of your current billing period. At any time, and for any reason, we may provide a refund, discount, or other consideration to some or all of our members (“credits”). The amount and form of such credits, and the decision to provide them, are at our sole and absolute discretion. The provision of credits in one instance does not entitle you to credits in the future for similar instances, nor does it obligate us to provide credits in the future, under any circumstance.
- Payment Methods. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not edit your Payment Method information or cancel your account (see, “Cancellation” below), you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts and authorize us to continue billing the Payment Method, as it may be updated. This may result in a change to your payment billing dates. For certain Payment Methods, the issuer of your Payment Method may charge you a foreign transaction fee or other charges. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
- Cancellation. WE DO NOT PROVIDE REFUNDS OR CREDITS FOR ANY PARTIAL-MONTH MEMBERSHIP PERIODS. To cancel, go to the “Account” page on our website and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel your membership, your account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period. If you signed up for 21 University using your account with a third party as a Payment Method (like PayPal), and wish to cancel your 21 University membership at any time, you may need to do so through such third party, including by visiting your account with the applicable third party and turning off auto-renew, or unsubscribing from, the 21 University service through that third party. You may also find billing information about your 21 University membership by visiting your account with the applicable third party.
6. 21 University Service
- You must be 18 years of age to become a member of the 21 University service. Individuals under the age of 18, or applicable age of majority, may utilize the service only with the involvement of a parent or legal guardian, under such person’s account and otherwise subject to these Terms of Service.
- The 21 University service, and any content viewed through our service, are for your personal and non-commercial use only. During your 21 University membership, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, license to access the 21 University service. Except for the foregoing limited license, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you.
- We continually update the 21 University service, including the content library. In addition, we continually test various aspects of our service, including our website, user interfaces, service levels, plans, promotional features, availability of videos and other content, delivery and pricing. We reserve the right to, and by using our service you agree that we may, include you in or exclude you from these tests without notice. We reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to make changes from time to time and without notice in how we offer and operate our service.
- You agree to use the 21 University service, including all features and functionalities associated therewith, in accordance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, or other restrictions on use of the service or content therein. You agree not to archive, download (other than through caching necessary for personal use), reproduce, distribute, modify, display, perform, publish, license, create derivative works from, offer for sale, or use (except as explicitly authorized in these Terms of Service) content and information contained on or obtained from or through the 21 University service without express written permission from 21 University and its licensors. You also agree not to: circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade or thwart any of the content protections in the 21 University service; use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the 21 University service; decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any software or other products or processes accessible through the 21 University service; insert any code or product or manipulate the content of the 21 University service in any way; or, use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method. In addition, you agree not to upload, post, e-mail or otherwise send or transmit any material designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment associated with the 21 University service, including any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs.
- The availability of content to watch will change from time to time, and from country to country. The quality of the display of the streaming may vary from computer to computer, and device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. HD and Ultra HD availability is subject to your Internet service and device capabilities. Not all content is available in HD or Ultra HD and not all plans allow you to receive HD or Ultra HD content. A download speed of at least 5.0 Mbps per stream is recommended to receive HD content, which is defined as 720p or better. A download speed of at least 25.0 Mbps per stream is recommended to receive Ultra HD content, which is defined as resolution greater than 1080p. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. 21 University makes no representations or warranties about the quality of your watching experience on your display. The time it takes to begin a video will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, the video you have selected and the configuration of your 21 University ready device.
- BY USING OUR SERVICE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO RECEIVE, WITHOUT FURTHER NOTICE OR PROMPTING, UPDATED VERSIONS OF THE 21 UNIVERSITY AND RELATED THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE FOREGOING TERMS, DO NOT USE OUR SERVICE. WE DO NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OR OTHERWISE WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE DEVICES, INCLUDING THE CONTINUING COMPATIBILITY OF THE DEVICE WITH OUR SERVICE. By using our service, you agree to look solely to the entity that manufactured and/or sold you the device for any issues related to the device and its compatibility with the 21 University service. If your 21 University ready device is sold, lost or stolen, please deactivate the device. If you fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may access the 21 University service through your account and may be able to access your account information.
- We may terminate or restrict your use of our service, without compensation or notice if you are, or if we suspect that you are (i) in violation of any of these Terms of Service or (ii) engaged in illegal or improper use of the service.
7. Passwords & Account Access
- The member who created the 21 University account and whose Payment Method is charged is referred to here as the Account Owner. The Account Owner has access and control over the 21 University account. The Account Owner’s control is exercised through use of the Account Owner’s password and therefore to maintain exclusive control, the Account Owner should not reveal the password to anyone. In addition, if the Account Owner wishes to prohibit others from contacting 21 University support and potentially altering the Account Owner’s control, the Account Owner should not reveal the Payment Method details (e.g., last four digits of their credit or debit card, or their email address if they use PayPal) associated with their account. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the truth and accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account.
- You should be mindful of any communication requesting that you submit credit card or other account information. Providing your information in response to these types of communications can result in identity theft. Always access your sensitive account information by going directly to the 21 University website and not through a hyperlink in an email or any other electronic communication, even if it looks official. 21 University reserves the right to place any account on hold anytime with or without notification to the member in order to protect itself and its partners from what it believes to be fraudulent activity. 21 University is not obligated to credit or discount a membership for holds placed on the account by either a representative of 21 University or by the automated processes of 21 University.
8. Disclaimers of Warranties and Limitations on Liability: See the Disclaimer & Disclosures page: https://21university.com/pages/legal/... & Promotions: In certain jurisdictions, gift cards for the 21 University service may be available for purchase, which can be redeemed on our website. From time to time, other types of promotional codes may be available, including those provided as part of a third party promotion. Promotional codes may be redeemed as described in the specifics of the promotion. Gift cards and promotional codes can only be used once, cannot be redeemed for cash, and are subject to certain restrictions as determined by 21 University in its sole discretion. If you received a promotional code through an offer by a third party, additional conditions may apply.
10. Intellectual Property
- Copyright. The 21 University service, including all content provided on the 21 University service, is protected by copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property laws and treaties.
- Claims of Copyright Infringement. Claims of Copyright Infringement. If you believe your work has been reproduced or distributed in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or are aware of any infringing material available through the 21 University service, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Governing Law
- For 21 University members, these Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida, U.S.A. without regard to conflict of laws provisions.
- You may also be entitled to certain consumer protection rights under the laws of your local jurisdiction.
12. Applications: You may encounter third-party applications (including, without limitation, websites, widgets, software, or other software utilities) (“Application(s)”) that interact with the 21 University service. These Applications may import data related to your 21 University account and activity and otherwise gather data from you. These Applications are provided solely as a convenience to you, and 21 University is not responsible for such Applications. SUCH APPLICATIONS ARE OWNED OR OPERATED BY THIRD PARTIES THAT ARE NOT RELATED TO WITH OR SPONSORED BY 21 UNIVERSITY AND MAY NOT BE AUTHORIZED FOR USE WITH OUR SERVICE IN ALL COUNTRIES. USE OF AN APPLICATION IS AT YOUR OWN OPTION AND RISK.
13. Use of Information Submitted: 21 University is free to use any comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, or techniques or any other material contained in any communication you may send to us, including responses to questionnaires or through postings to the 21 University service, including the 21 University website and user interfaces, worldwide and in perpetuity without further compensation, acknowledgement or payment to you for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and creating, modifying or improving the 21 University service. In addition, you agree not to enforce any “moral rights” in and to the Feedback, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Please note that 21 University is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to 21 University. Should you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding that no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and you are waiving any claim against 21 University and its affiliates regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if material or an idea is used that is substantially similar to the material or idea you sent.
14. Customer Support: To find more information about our service and its features, or if you need assistance with your account, please visit 21 University support (http://21university.com/contact/). In the event of any conflict between these Terms of Service and information provided by Customer Support or other portions of our website, these Terms of Service will control.
15. Arbitration Agreement
- If you are a 21 University member in the United States (including its possessions and territories), you and 21 University agree that any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating in any way to the 21 University service, these Terms of Service and this Arbitration Agreement, shall be determined by binding arbitration or in small claims court. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than in court, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. You agree that, by agreeing to these Terms of Service, the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision, and that you and 21 University are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of this Agreement and the termination of your 21 University membership.
- If you elect to seek arbitration or file a small claim court action, you must first send to 21 University, by certified mail, a written Notice of your claim (“Notice”). The Notice to 21 University must be addressed to: The 21 Convention, Po Box 1722, Lehigh Acres, FL 33970, United States of America
(“Notice Address”). If 21 University initiates arbitration, it will send a written Notice to the email address used for your membership account. A Notice, whether sent by you or by 21 University, must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific relief sought (“Demand”). If 21 University and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, you or 21 University may commence an arbitration proceeding or file a claim in small claims court.
- The arbitration will be governed by the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, “AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), as modified by this Agreement, and will be administered by the AAA. The AAA Rules and Forms are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by writing to the Notice Address. The arbitrator is bound by the terms of this Agreement. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, including issues relating to the scope and enforceability of this arbitration agreement. Unless 21 University and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) of your residence.
- YOU AND 21 UNIVERSITY AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and 21 University agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim.
16. Survival: If any provision or provisions of these Terms of Service shall be held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
17. Ticket Prices
Annual members may apply 100% of their paid membership fee to any live event ticket from The 21 Convention LLC. Any applied funds become non-refundable once applied to a ticket regardless of other refund policies that may or may not apply to membership fees on 21 University.
18. Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy
The 21 Convention or any of its employees do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, new or improved products or technologies, product enhancements, processes, materials, marketing plans or new product names. Please do not submit any unsolicited ideas, original creative artwork, suggestions or other works (“submissions”) in any form to The 21 Convention or any of its employees. The sole purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when The 21 Convention’s products or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to The 21 Convention. If, despite our request that you not send us your ideas, you still submit them, then regardless of what your letter says, the following terms shall apply to your submissions.
A. TERMS OF IDEA SUBMISSION
You agree that: (1) your submissions and their contents will automatically become the property of The 21 Convention, without any compensation to you; (2) The 21 Convention may use or redistribute the submissions and their contents for any purpose and in any way; (3) there is no obligation for The 21 Convention to review the submission; and (4) there is no obligation to keep any submissions confidential.
B. PRODUCT FEEDBACK
The 21 Convention does, however, welcome your feedback regarding many areas of The 21 Convention’s existing business. If you want to send us your feedback, and we hope you do, we simply request that you send it to us using the form found at http://21university.com/contact/, or you can choose from the many other listed areas for your feedback. Please provide only specific feedback on The 21 Convention’s existing products or marketing strategies; do not include any ideas that The 21 Convention’s policy will not permit it to accept or consider. It’s just one more way that The 21 Convention can learn how to best satisfy your needs.
C. Feedback and Information
Any feedback you provide at this site shall be deemed to be non-confidential. The 21 Convention shall be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis.
Terms of Service Updated 5/28/15