By using, visiting or browsing the 21 University service, you accept and agree to our information practices described below.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
- Information you provide us: We collect information you provide to us. Examples may include:
- your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions; and
- information collected when you choose to provide reviews or ratings, set preferences in Your Account or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Information we collect automatically: We collect information regarding you and your interactions with us and our advertising, your use of our service, applications, sites, tools, and customer service, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service (such as gaming systems, smart TVs, mobile devices, and set top boxes). This information may include:
- your activity on the 21 University service, such as title selections, watch history and search queries;
- details regarding your interactions with customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number;
- device IDs or unique identifiers, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts for you and others, including to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we may use the information we collect for purposes such as:
- determining your general geographic location, providing localized content, providing recommendations we think will be enjoyable, determining your Internet service provider and helping us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests;
- preventing, detecting and investigating potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms;
- sending you e-mails, push notifications or other correspondence and advertising concerning our service, including newsletters, messages about new 21 University features, 21 University special offers, promotional announcements and consumer surveys. From time to time, we may partner with companies whose products we believe will interest our members. In conjunction with these partners, we may send promotional announcements and/or serve web-based advertisements on their behalf, as permitted by law.
We may use information on an aggregated or anonymous basis. For example, we use ratings and consumption behavior, as well as commentary and reviews, on an aggregate or anonymous basis, to improve our recommendations to you as well as other users. Aggregated or anonymous information may be used for a variety purposes not explicitly set forth in this policy.
Disclosure of Information
- Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service, to process and limit fraud in connection with credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. By participating in such joint promotions or programs, you agree to our sharing of your information. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third party businesses.
- Information you make public: While using the 21 University service you will have opportunities to post reviews or other information publicly. Please understand that when you post such information it is made public and we are not responsible for any third party’s use of information you publicly disclose through our service.
- Others with access to your account: If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see your information, including in some cases personal information, such as your watch history, ratings, reviews and account information (including your email address or other information in Account).
- Aggregate or anonymous information: We may provide analysis of and information from or about our users in the aggregate or otherwise in anonymous form to partners, Service Providers and other third parties.
21 University uses reasonable administrative, technical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. For example, we may utilize Secure Sockets Layering, an industry-standard protocol for certain of your transmissions to us, in order to encrypt certain personal information that you send to us through the registration and sign up process.
Unfortunately, no security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information and cannot assume liability for improper access to it. By using our service, including our website and user interfaces, or providing information to us through any means, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the 21 University service.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account access information and for restricting access to your computer or device through which you access your 21 University account. Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out at the completion of each visit. If you sell or return a computer or 21 University ready device, you should log-out and deactivate the device before doing so. If you do not maintain the security of your password or device, or fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may be able to access your account, including your personal information.
Other Websites, Platforms and Applications
You must be 18 years of age or older to subscribe to the 21 University service. While individuals under the age of 18 may utilize the service, they may do so only with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian, and subject to our Terms of Service.
Changes to This Policy
Transfer of Information
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by using 21 University, you acknowledge and agree to the transfer of your information outside your country of residence to any country (including the United States) where we have facilities or engage Service Providers. You understand that the countries to which we may transfer information may not have as comprehensive a level of data protection as in your country, although your personal information will continue to be protected in accordance with the standards described in this policy.